[UPDATES BELOW] We’re getting a lot of email and calls about the status of the Shapeoko Pro. If there are that many people reaching out, then we can only imagine that there are many more who want to know, but haven’t gotten in touch.
- We’re waiting of a batch of rails to be delivered before we can ship any more Pro XXL machines. (The rails are currently 8 weeks late). We’re expecting to be able to put XXL Pro machines in stock at the start of March.
- First batch of XL Pro machines are available for purchase right now.
- We’re hoping to put a batch of Shapeoko Pro XL machines in stock on Jan 26 or 27 with shipping to occur within 15 business days. (We’re waiting on one vendor delivery.)
- If that goes well, we’ll have a batch of Shapeoko Pro XXL machines in stock right around Feb 2. with shipping to occur in 15 business days.
Here’s the latest information we have:
- Our aluminum extruder is late delivering the Y tubes we need for the Shapeoko Pro XXL. We have enough to fill all of the existing orders, but not enough to take any additional orders.
- We have enough material to make our first batch of Shapeoko Pro XL and the boxes should arrive in around three weeks.
- We’ve bought additional equipment to bump Shapeoko Pro production by around 50% and it should go online today.
- All exsiting XXL Pro orders should ship in the next two weeks.
Beginning next week, we’ll be making XL parts in addition to filling XXL orders. Once the XXL backlog is filled, we’ll continue making everything else to ship XXL machines when we get the Y tubes in.
We expect to put both XL and XXL machines in stock in 3 weeks but will only be making the quantity we can ship in one week available, rather than the entire quantity we can make with materials on hand. This will let us provide a more predictable shipping date once you place an order, and keep the queue from getting out of hand if anything goes wrong. Once we get the queue to near-zero, which should theoretically be weekly, we’ll make additional stock available.
We hope to begin shipping both machines the day after we restock them, with no delays.
A frequent question for the past week has been, “Can I pay now to be on the list for a machine when they ship?” That would effectively be a preorder, and we’re avoiding preorders as much as possible going forward. We’re planing to manage our backlog very carefully, and preorders make that almost impossible for the kinds of products we sell.
That’s the best information we have right now and we’ll plan to post an additional update in a week or two when we get updates from our vendors.